Section 1 – Overview
Section 2 – Personal information we Collect and Use
- Coast, in the course of conducting its business, Coast collects a range of personal information including, amongst other things, names, email addresses, job descriptions, budgets, company details, mailing and residential addresses, business and home phone numbers.
- Coast only collects personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of Coast’s functions or activities; such as, but not limited to, offering our various range of products, services. This may or may not include general advice, training and / or coaching.
- Coast only collects sensitive information if it is reasonably necessary for Coast’s functions or activities or an exception applies under the Privacy Act and the individual to whom the information relates has given their express consent to the collection.
Section 3 – How Coast Collects Information
- When you visit this website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
- When you place an order through the website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information
- Coast collects personal information about an individual directly from that individual wherever it is practicable and / or reasonable to do so. This may be through forms on our websites, also through letters, emails, social media, websites, receipts, telephone conversations, consultations and attendance at events.
Section 4 – What Information is Used For
- Coast will only use or disclose personal information for the Primary Purpose including things such as managing our relationships, fulfilling orders, coaching and / or training, performing administrative functions, informing customers and others about our products and services by direct marketing methods, market research, building and maintaining business relationships, implementing our communication model and complying with legal requirements.
- Coast uses the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Coast use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Coast may use your information to engage in direct marketing of our products and services from time to time.
- Coast only uses personal information for direct marketing in circumstances where Coast has collected the information directly from the individual and that individual reasonably expects to receive direct marketing material from Coast (for example, where an individual has signed up to receive direct marketing material from Coast).
- Coast offers all individuals the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving direct marketing communications.
- Where Coast uses personal information other than for the Primary Purpose, Coast will endeavor to ensure it does so in accordance with the Privacy Act and APP 6.
Section 5 – Sharing your Personal Information
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Section 6 – Do Not Track Signals
- Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including but not limited to, Australia, Canada and the United States.
Section 7 – Accuracy of Content
- Coast is not responsible if information made available on this website is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting other primary sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this website is at the customer’s own risk.
- Coast reserves the right to modify the contents of this website at any time, but Coast has no obligation to update any information on the website. The custom agrees that it is their responsibility to monitor changes of the website.
Section 8 – Access To and Accuracy of Personal Information
- Coast takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and/or discloses is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant.
- You are permitted the right to ensure that any of your personal information which is held by Coast is accurate. If you wish to make a request to review, access and/or correct your personal information, please contact Coast using the contact details provided below.
- Where it is necessary to do so, Coast reserves the right to charge individuals for access to personal information to cover costs associated with: locating and retrieving any personal information and extrapolating information to decide what to provide to the individual; using an intermediary; and reproducing and sending any of the information. Coast will always endeavour to give access to personal information free of charge where possible.
- Coast reserves the right to refuse to give access to personal information in circumstances that it deems necessary.
Section 9 – Security of Personal Information
- Coast will take reasonable action to ensure that personal information held by Coast is safe and secure, and that it is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where possible, Coast will endeavor to secure all personal information via a third party data storage provider. Coast will make all reasonable endeavours to ensure the storage provider is compliant with the APP’s.
Section 9 – Destruction and De-identification of Personal Information
- Coast will take reasonable action to de-identify or destroy personal information when it is no longer deemed important, useful or as needed by Coast, except where the information forms part of a Commonwealth record or Coast is required, by law or a court/tribunal order, to retain the information.
Section 11 – Customer Service